National Pizza Day is on 9th February, so what better excuse to combine two of life’s greatest pleasures – pizza and wine. Pairing pizza with wine is no new phenomenon, however picking your bottle wisely can really elevate the experience by complementing each other well. We’re diving into the world of pizza and wine pairings, with some surprising recommendations!
- Margherita and Chardonnay: Picture this: a classic Margherita pizza, with its fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil, meeting the delightful embrace of the buttery French Bulldog Chardonnay. The creaminess of the cheese dances with the wine’s smooth texture, creating a match made in pizza-and-wine heaven.
- Spicy Sausage with Negroamaro: For those who like it hot, perhaps a pizza adorned with slices of spicy Italian sausage, roasted red peppers, and a touch of red onion. The robust and spicy notes of Masso Antico Negroamaro will complement the heat of the sausage while adding depth to the smoky, savoury flavours. It’s a pairing that’s sure to ignite your taste buds.
- Mushrooms and Cabernet Sauvignon: If you’re a fungi fanatic (no judgment here!), we recommend pairing it with Ramirana Gran Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon. The Cab’s bold tannins and deep flavours marry seamlessly with the earthy richness of the mushrooms.
- BBQ Bliss and Primitivo: For those who like a little sweet and smoky on their pizza, the BBQ chicken pizza is a palate pleaser. Enter Masso Antico Primitivo, with its bold and spicy character. The wine’s robustness meets the tangy barbecue sauce and succulent chicken.
- Veggie Delight and Sauvignon Blanc: Are you on team veggies when it comes to pizza? Fear not; we’ve got you covered. A garden-fresh veggie pizza paired with the zesty Pa Road Sauvignon Blanc is a sublime match. The wine’s crisp acidity complements the medley of vegetables.
Remember, the key to the perfect pizza and wine pairing is to have fun and trust your taste buds. Whether you’re hosting a pizza party with friends or having a cosy night in, enjoy National Pizza Day paired with the perfect bottle.