Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and as always, it’s the day to impress that special someone in your life. Whether you’re planning a romantic date night at home – donning your chef’s hat and cooking up something exquisite; a cute afternoon picnic date (big coats a necessity for that one!); or you’ve booked a weekend getaway to your favourite hotel, a bottle of something unique and extra special to enjoy together will be the pièce de résistance to your celebrations.
As we all know, the key to someone’s heart is through a decadent and delicious wine, and food to match. We think we’ve got some pretty fabulous ones that will make your partner melt, and we’ve made it super simple for you to pick with our lovingly (sorry we’ll stop now!) put together ‘Date Night’ Mixed Case.
- The Date Night Mixed case is the perfect choice for when you want to really spoil your partner, and can enjoy this selection of wines together. Included we have:
- Bonnet Launois Champagne Brut: A beautifully classic Champagne, with a little sweetness followed by elegant crisp, dry notes. Raising a toast to one another has never tasted so good!
- Lunadoro Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva: An intense Italian red, which boasts a wonderful class to its nose and flavour. It is simply the perfect accompaniment to rich and succulent main courses you’d been creating in the kitchen!
- Faugères Domaine Gabaron: This is a fabulous, full bodied red wine from a corner of paradise in the Languedoc. Hints of coffee and spice, coupled with blackcurrant make it truly irresistible.
- Larchago Rioja Crianza: Only 18,000 bottles of this particular wine have ever been made, so if you’re looking for that really special bottle of wine to impress, this is the one! It’s expressive and a little fruity, a great partner with sweet and chocolatey desserts.
- Picpoul de Pinet Saint Auriol: Fresh and aromatic, we recommend a chilled bottle of this shared over a light lunch together. The citrus and blossom flavours are delicate, which makes it a match made in heaven for seafood dishes in particular.
- Masso Antico Primitivo Rosé: We love this refreshing, full-bodied rose from Masso Antico. Mainly because it reminds us of summer, with the strawberry and orange notes reminiscent of holiday vibes on the beach together. Ideal for sipping away at whilst planning your romantic summer vacation!